Wire EDM Machining Services
Wire EDM (electrical discharge machining), also referred to as wire cutting, is a machine that utilizes an electrical current discharge and a thin, single-strand metal wire (brass or coated) to cut extremely hard or thick materials which is submerged in a tank of deionized water. It is an extremely precise process that uses CNC programming to guide the wire through a specified pattern. This process is only applicable to materials that are electrically conductive. This method of machining is an ideal solution for flat metal parts that require extremely tight tolerances, or to produce tool and dies required for other manufacturing processes.
Tight Tolerance EDM Wire Cutting Machining Services
- Hold tolerances of better than +- 0.0001” regardless of material composition and thickness
- Create complex designs with excellent precision and repeatability
- Capable of manufacturing tapered holes, as well as very fine holes
- Due to a lack of direct contact, delicate sections and weak materials can be machined without alteration
- Machine container internal contours and internal corners down to R. 008”
Applications for Custom EDM Wire Cutting
Wire EDM-manufactured parts are regularly used for industrial applications throughout the world. Industries rely on EDM wire machining components manufacturers to produce the products they require to succeed. Some of the direct applications related to wire EDM services include:
- Automotive equipment
- Medical devices
- Military & aerospace equipment
Contact RDL Machine for Wire EDM Discharge Machining & Services Today
RDL Machine has the experience, the expertise, and the advanced technology to deliver the tight tolerance flat metal parts your project requires. Request a quote on wire EDM service, or contact us for more information today.